Last updated: November 01, 2018
Welcome to Liveprize Limited ("Liveprize," "we," "us" or "our"). Liveprize is a free
app offering a unique company giveaway experience. Our sponsored giveaways are
run on the app at a set time. Once that time is reached, an advertiser shows thirty
seconds of branded content, after which the winner of the provided prize is picked at
random and is broadcast live to all users in unison via front camera video.
- Liveprize is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. Our Privacy
Policy explains how we collect, store, process, transfer, share and use data in
relation to our mobile services and web site (collectively, the "Service") that
identifies or is associated with you (" personal information "), and your choices
about the collection and use of your information.
- By using our Service you understand and agree that you are opting into a live
giveaway where the winner will be recorded “User Content” and broadcast to
other users in the giveaway and that the User Content will be placed on the app
after giveaway has been completed, consistent with the terms and conditions of
- Our Policy applies to all visitors, users, and others who access the Service
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect the following types of information.
Information you provide us directly:
- Your username, password and e-mail address when you register for a
- Profile information that you provide for your user profile (e.g., first and
last name, picture, phone number)
- Communications between you and Liveprize. For example, we may send
you Service-related emails (e.g., account verification, changes/updates to
features of the Service, technical and security notices). Note that you
may not opt out of Service-related e-mails.
Inviting your friends on Liveprize:
- Note about "Refer Friends" feature: If you choose to refer someone to
the Service through our "Invite friends" feature, you may select a person
directly from the contacts list on your device and send a text or email
from your personal account. You understand and agree that you are
responsible for any charges that apply to communications sent from your
device, and because this invitation is coming directly from your personal
account, Liveprize does not have access to or control this
- We use third-party analytics tools to help us measure traffic and usage
trends for the Service. These tools collect information sent by your device
or our Service, including the web pages you visit, add-ons, and other
information that assists us in improving the Service. We collect and use
this analytics information with analytics information from other Users so
that it cannot reasonably be used to identify any particular individual
Cookies and similar technologies:
- Cookies are files with a small amount of data that are commonly used as
anonymous unique identifiers. These are sent to your browser from the
websites that you visit and are stored on your device's internal memory.
- This Service does not use these “cookies” explicitly. However, the app
may use third party code and libraries that use “cookies” and similar
technologies like pixels, web beacons, and local storage to collect
information and improve their services. You have the option to either
accept or refuse these cookies and know when a cookie is being sent to
your device. If you choose to refuse our cookies, you may not be able to
use some portions of this Service.
- We may ask advertisers or other partners to serve ads or services to
the third party or us.
Log file information:
- When you use our Service, our servers automatically record certain log
file information, including such as your device Internet Protocol (“IP”)
address, device name, operating system version, the configuration of the
app when utilizing our Service, the time and date of your use of the
Service, and other statistics, which then help us track which emails are
opened and which links are clicked by recipients. The information allows
for more accurate reporting and improvement of the Service.
- When you use a mobile device to access our Service, we may access,
collect, monitor, store on your device, and/or remotely store one or more
"device identifiers." Device identifiers are small data files or similar data
structures stored on or associated with your mobile device, which
uniquely identify your mobile device. A device identifier may be data
stored in connection with the device hardware, data stored in connection
with the device's operating system or other software, or data sent to the
device by Liveprize.
- A device identifier may deliver information to us or to a third party partner
about how you browse and use the Service and may help us or others
provide reports or personalized content and ads. Some features of the
Service may not function properly if use or availability of device identifiers
is impaired or disabled.
2. CONTENT WE COLLECT
- If you win the giveaway we will record a video of you “ User Content”
which will be broadcast to all users entered into the giveaway by being
on the app at that time.
- The User Content will be placed on the app for any user to view after
the giveaway. This can be taken down at any time if requested by the
- Users will be contacted to ask if they consent to the use of their User
Content to be posted on our social media. The content will not be
posted without this written consent. If you wish to remove any User
Content that you consented for us to post we will do so however, copies
may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the relevant
company service, or if other Users or third parties using the relevant
API have copied or saved that information.
3. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
In addition to some of the specific uses of information we describe in this Privacy
Policy, we may use information that we receive to:
- Help you efficiently access your information after you sign in
- remember information so you will not have to re-enter it during your visit
or the next time you visit the Service;
- provide personalized content and information to you and others, which
could include online ads or other forms of marketing
- provide, improve, test, and monitor the effectiveness of our Service
- develop and test new products and features
- monitor metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic
- diagnose or fix technology problems
- automatically update the Liveprize application on your device
4. SHARING OF YOUR INFORMATION
We will not rent or sell your information to third parties outside Liveprize without your
consent, except as noted in this Policy.
Parties with whom we may share your information:
- We may share your information as well as information from tools like
cookies, log files, and device identifiers and location data, with third-party
organizations that help us provide the Service to you ("Service
Providers"). Our Service Providers will be given access to your
information as is reasonably necessary to provide the Service under
reasonable confidentiality terms.
- We may remove parts of data that can identify you and share
anonymized data with other parties. We may also combine your
information with other information in a way that it is no longer associated
with you and share that aggregated information.
What happens in the event of a change of control:
- If we sell or otherwise transfer part or the whole of Liveprize or our assets
to another organization (e.g., in the course of a transaction like a merger,
acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, liquidation), your information such as
name and email address, User Content and any other information
collected through the Service may be among the items sold or
transferred. The buyer or transferee will have to honour the commitments
Responding to legal requests and preventing harm:
- We may access, preserve and share your information in response to a
legal request (like a search warrant, court order or subpoena) if we have
a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so. This may include
responding to legal requests from jurisdictions outside of the United
Kingdom where we have a good faith belief that the response is required
by law in that jurisdiction, affects users in that jurisdiction, and is
consistent with internationally recognized standards. We may also
access, preserve and share information when we have a good faith belief
it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud and other illegal
activity; to protect ourselves, you and others, including as part of
investigations; and to prevent death or imminent bodily harm. Information
we receive about you may be accessed, processed and retained for an
extended period of time when it is the subject of a legal request or
obligation, governmental investigation, or investigations concerning
possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm.
5. HOW WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
Storage and Processing:
- Your information collected through the Service will be stored and processed
in the United Kingdom or any other country in which Liveprize or its service
providers maintain facilities.
- Liveprize may transfer information that we collect about you, including
personal information across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to
other countries or jurisdictions around the world. If you are located in the
United States or other regions with laws governing data collection and use
that may differ from UK law, please note that we may transfer information,
including personal information, to a country and jurisdiction that does not
have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction. We will take
reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is treated securely and
- By registering for and using the Service you consent to the transfer of
information to the UK where Liveprize maintains facilities and the use and
- We use commercially reasonable safeguards to help keep the information
collected through the Service secure and take reasonable steps (such as
requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before granting you
access to your account. However, Liveprize cannot ensure the security of any
information you transmit to Liveprize or guarantee that information on the
Service may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed.
- Please do your part to help us. You are responsible for maintaining the
secrecy of your unique password and account information, and for controlling
access to emails between you and Liveprize, at all times.
6. YOUR CHOICES ABOUT YOUR INFORMATION
Your account information and profile/privacy settings:
- Unsubscribe from email communications from us by clicking on the
"unsubscribe link" provided in such communications. As noted above,
you may not opt out of Service-related communications (e.g., account
verification, purchase and billing confirmations and reminders,
changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security
How long we keep your User Content:
- Following termination or deactivation of your account, Liveprize or its
Service Providers may retain information (including your profile
information) and User Content for a commercially reasonable time for
backup, archival, and/or audit purposes
7. CHILDREN'S PRIVACY
Liveprize does not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the
age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register for the Service. The Service
and its content are not directed at children under the age of 13. In the event that we
learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without
parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe
that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact
8. OTHER WEB SITES AND SERVICES
We are not responsible for the practices employed by any websites or services linked
to or from our Service, including the information or content contained within them.
Please remember that when you use a link to go from our Service to another website
services. Your browsing and interaction on any third-party website or service,
including those that have a link on our website, are subject to that third party's own
rules and policies. In addition, you agree that we are not responsible and do not have
control over any third-parties that you authorize to access your User Content. If you
are using a third-party website or service and you allow them to access your User
Content you do so at your own risk.
9. HOW TO CONTACT US ABOUT A DECEASED USER
In the event of the death of a Liveprize User, please contact us. We will usually
conduct our communication via email; should we require any other information, we
will contact you at the email address you have provided in your request.
10. HOW TO CONTACT US
time, for example to reflect updates to the Service or where required by law. We will
Your continued use of Liveprize or the Service after any modification to this Privacy
Policy will constitute your acceptance of such modification.
Take me back!